This workshop immerses its participants in the – at first glance – shortest of all genres: poetry. You will get to know various forms (haiku, sonnet, sevenaar, ghazal etc.) and try them out, drawing from your own lives.
What we will cover in the workshop:
- finding your topics and your own poetic voice
- some theory
- getting to know diverse forms of poetry – from sonnet to event poem
- experimenting with language and sounds
- reading poetry – and enjoying it!
- process-oriented approach
- respectful and constructive feedback
You should enjoy writing, experimenting with language and trying out new forms and genres. You should like poems. You do not need to have any previous experience in writing poetry, but of course if you do, you are also very welcome.
Mag. Eva Kuntschner studied English and American Literature in Graz and Minneapolis, Minnesota. She is a trained writing instructor and teaches professional, academic and creative writing in English and German.
Dates: April 13th and April 14th and May 4th and May 5th, 2018
Time: 4:00 – 7:30 PM on each of the above days.
WORKSHOP IS 14 HOURS TOTAL
Where: venue to be determined (somewhere central in Vienna)
Class limited to 10 participants so register now to reserve your seat!Workshop Registration Form